FOR DIET MANAGEMENT OF BREASTFED PREMATURE BABIES
Special nutrition for premature babies
Aptamil FMS is suitable for the fortification of breast milk for the nutrition of premature babies and newborns with low birth weight. With the addition of Aptamil FMS, the natural composition of breast milk is adapted to the special nutritional needs of premature babies.
Aptamil FMS enriches breast milk as needed with extensively hydrolysed protein, carbohydrates, minerals, trace elements and vitamins. Adding 4.4g of Aptamil Proexpert FMS to 100ml of breast milk increases the energy content by 15kcal to approximately 80kcal.
Buy now online at
We believe that every experience strengthens the resilience of our children. Lay the foundation for your baby's future and resilience by letting it discover the world.
Our unique recipe
Based on over 40 years of research, our team of more than 500 scientists and experts has developed our special Aptamil Prematil diet, tailored to the specific nutritional needs of premature babies.
Aptamil FMS in ready-to-drink form can be given from birth as a sole food or as a supplement and, like breast milk, can be fed as often as your baby needs. Suitable until the end of bottle age.
Aptamil FMS contains:
- Extensive protein hydrolysate
- Trace elements
The addition of FMS therefore adapts the natural nutrient content of breast milk to the special nutritional needs of premature babies.
Maltodextrin, whey protein hydrolysate (from milk), casein hydrolysate (from milk), calcium glycerophosphate, calcium lactate, sodium chloride, magnesium citrate, sodium citrate, vitamin C, potassium chloride, vitamin E, L-tryptophan, niacin, vitamin A, vitamin D, zinc sulphate, pantothenic acid, vitamin K , vitamin B₂, vitamin B₁₂, vitamin B₁, vitamin B₆, copper sulphate, folic acid, manganese-II-sulphate, potassium iodide, sodium selenite, biotin
Per 100 g of powder / per 100 ml of breast milk * / per 100 ml of breast milk * + 4.4 g of powder
- kJ 347 / 65 / 80 g
- kcal 347 / 65 / 80 g
- Fat 0 / 3,5 / 3,5 g
- Of which:
- - Saturated fatty acids 0 g
- Carbohydrates 62.2 / 7.2 / 9.9 g
- Of which sugar 5.5 / - / 7.4 g
- Of which lactose 0.4 / 7.2 / 7.22 g
- Of which glucose 1.1 / - / 0.05 g
- Of which maltose 4.0 / - / 0.2 g
- Of which polysaccharides 51.6 / - / 2.3 g
- Dietary fibre 0 g
- Protein 25.2 / 1.5 / 2.6 g
- Whey/casein ratio 50/50%
- Phenylalanine 850 / - / - mg
- Salt 2,0 / - / - g
- Vitamin A 5275 / 83 / 315 μg
- Vitamin D 115 / 0,2 / 5,2 μg
- Vitamin E 60 / 0,24 / 2,84 mg
- Vitamin K 144 / 0,8 / 7,2 μg
- Vitamin C 275 / 4,5 / 16,5 mg
- Vitamin B₁ 3,0 / 0,01 / 0,14 mg
- Vitamin B₂ 3,9 / 0,03 / 0,20 mg
- Niacin 53 / 0.2 / 2.5 g
- Vitamin B₆ 2,5 / 0,01 / 0,12 mg
- Folic acid 688 / 5.1 / 35.1 μg
- Vitamin B₁₂ 4,6 / 0,03 / 0,23 μg
- Biotin 57 / 0.4 / 2.9 μg
- Pantothenic acid 17 / 0.2 / 0.96 μg
- Sodium 803 / 29 / 64 mg
- Potassium 528 / 50 / 73 mg
- Chloride 573 / 55 / 80 mg
- Calcium 1491 / 25 / 91 mg
- Phosphor 872 / 14.5 / 52.5 mg
- Magnesium 115 / 3.1 / 8.1 mg
- Iron < 0.5** mg
- Zinc 14 / 0.37 / 0.98 mg
- Copper 0.8 / 0.04 / 0.08 mg
- Manganese 0.18 / 0.0004 / 0.009 mg
- Fluoride * <0.04** / <0.001** / <0.003** mg
- Selenium 39 / 2.2 / 3.9 μg
- Chromium * <35** / <0.03*** / <2.03** μg
- Molybdenum * <35** / <0.2*** / <2.2** μg
- Iodine 252 / 16.8 / 27.8 μg
The analysis values are subject to the usual fluctuations with natural products.
*Natural content. Osmolarity: 348 m Osmol/l Pot. renal solute load: 241 m Osmol/l
Dosage & Preparation
The added amount of Aptamil FMS is adjusted to the individual needs of the infant. The measuring spoon enclosed with each box holds approx. 1.1 g of Aptamil FMS when levelled.
When preparing Aptamil FMS, pay close attention to the instructions for use. Improper preparation and storage may result in adverse health effects due to the growth of unwanted bacteria. Prepare the food freshly before each meal and feed it immediately. Do not reuse leftovers. Thoroughly clean bottle, nipple and ring. Do not heat the formula in the microwave (overheating hazard).
Add 4 level scoops (4.4 g) of Aptamil FMS to 100 ml of heated body milk and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Breastfeeding is the best nutrition for your baby.
For use: Please use only under medical supervision. Aptamil FMS is not a complete food or breast milk substitute.
For dental health: Please ensure thorough dental care with infants’ first teeth, especially at bedtime.
Always there for you!
Contact our Aptacare expert team. Our experts are nutritionists, midwives and pediatric nurses, and all of them are mothers too. Specially trained breast-feeding experts will be happy to advise you on all your questions regarding breast-feeding.